Gluten Free Pizza ! First Attempt !

|

One of the first foods that I immediately missed when I decided to go gluten free was Pizza (geez I hope I am not boring any of with my GF posts). I guess it would have been a good idea to have stuffed my face with loads of pizza before I began any diet changes but I didn't and have not been able to get pizza out of mind since. It's not like I ate pizza every week or nothing like that but it's good to feel some kind of freedom when it comes to food. And not to mention the fact that I am a huge fan of that delicious pie.


Not many restaurant sell gluten free pizza as of yet but those who do charge a whole lot more. So yesterday, while my husband went to his sister's house at a ranch 3 hours from where we live (for her kid's first communion) while I stayed home and took care of my sick puppy, I decided to treat myself to some home made pizza.

I had just purchased tapioca and rice flour so I decided to use a half of cup of both and mix in baking soda, milk, olive oil, sea salt, egg whites and flour. I had been looking for a GF pizza dough recipe online but I didn't have most of the ingredients the recipes called for on hand so I decided to make my own.

I was a little nervous but decided to top my pizza dough anyways. I topped it with some shredded mozzarella, home made marinara, pepperoni, dried basil and some pepperoni. Popped it in the oven for about 20 minutes or so and viola, a delicious pizza pie.

I was very surprised that this actually came out better than I'd expected. I was expecting a disgusting tasting crust but it was actually really good therefore I will definitely be making it again! The crust did look different and was thinner than what I was used to but it was still really good.

Have you ever tried making gluten free pizza before?

0 comments:

Post a Comment